Medical Assistant for Carondelet Cardio West in Tucson
- Job ID 2005031937
- Date posted 10/16/2020
- Facility Tucson Physician Group Holdings
1,000 sign on bonus for new hires!
Medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
THIS ROLE IS NOT IN A HOSPITAL!
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient s medical record in accordance with practice s charting policy.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians.
Education: High school diploma/GED required with the completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program or two years of relevant work experience in lieu of completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program.
Certification: Medical Assistant preferred (required in some TPR markets) and CPR certification
Experience: Must have a minimum of one year of relevant work experience or two years of relevant work experience in lieu of completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program.
Other Requirements: None
- Basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of medical office procedures and process.
- Knowledge of clinical equipment, supplies, and instruments.
- Understanding of documentation required for physician office visits.
- Knowledge of the purposes, organization, and policies of the local community's health systems sufficient to interact with other health care providers.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of a clinic sufficient to provide effective patient care.
- Skill in problem solving.
- Skill in computer hardware and software use.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, policy-making bodies, third-party payers, patients, and the public.
- Skill in organizing work, making assignments, and achieving goals and objectives.
- Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in developing, applying, interpreting, and coordinating departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to obtain vital signs and record them correctly.
- Ability to use medical equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Ability to understand and carry out written, oral and/or graphic instructions.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details and organize efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to set priorities among multiple requests.
- Ability to interact with patients, medical and administrative staff, and the public effectively.
- Ability to use EMR, other relevant computer hardware and software, telephone, copier, fax machine and other standard medical office equipment.
Equipment Operated: Must be able to operate medical office devices as well as standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lit office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.