Search Open Positions
Medical Assistant for Carondelet West
4,000 sign on bonus for new hires!
A non-exempt medical office position responsible for providing direct nursing care in a medical office setting under the direction of a physician, assists medical providers, and maintains a clean and safe environment in accordance with the policies and procedures of the practice.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists in the assessment of patient needs and health plan by taking vital signs, history, medication listing, assessing visual acuity and determining chief complaint. Assesses patients’ physical and mental status.
- Completes all necessary documentation in the patient’s medical record in accordance with practice’s charting policy.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and medical procedures
- Administers prescribed oral medications and gives intramuscular and subcutaneous and intradermal injections. Performs venipunctures, CLIA-Waived and non-CLIA Waived lab testing.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in accordance with practice policies. Stocks rooms in preparation for the daily work schedule. Takes inventory of medical and exam room supplies.
- Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
- Arranges for specialized consultations and appointments for testing as ordered by the physicians. Notifies appropriate insurance personnel to pre-certify surgeries or tests ordered by the physician or other health care provider, which require pre-certification by the insurance company.
- Answering office phones, assisting front desk in scheduling appointments and directing calls appropriately.
- Assists in checking out patients and assists them with referral processing and scheduling process
- Assist in other functions of the physician practice as needed
Required: High school diploma/GED required with the completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program or two years of relevant work experience in lieu of completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program.
Required: Must have a minimum of one year of relevant work experience or two years of relevant work experience in lieu of completion of an accredited Medical Assisting Program.
Required: Medical Assistant preferred (required in some TPR markets) and CPR certification
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Assistant/Scribe for Carondelet Cardio East Job ID: 2105042924 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Carondelet Medical Group
- Surgical Tech OR Per Diem Rotating Job ID: 2205017169 Date posted: 05/27/2022 Facility: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital
- Surgical Tech OR FT Rotating Job ID: 2205010989 Date posted: 06/17/2022 Facility: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet