Medical Secretary for Carondelet Western Neuro
The ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently in a very fast paced work environment. Western Neuro is a group of 23 providers that provide 24/7 neurosurgery/neurology emergency call at St. Joseph’s Hospital, which is a level 1 trauma center. The candidate must be able to multi-task, be patient oriented and be able to prioritize daily responsibilities as well as have excellent communication skills. This is a very fast-paced environment that can be challenging yet rewarding. Candidates must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Supports physician by screening and sorting phone calls, documents, etc. to maximize physician efficiencies
- Schedule appointments, diagnostic studies, surgeries and coordinate necessary authorizations
- Coordinate physicians daily schedules
- Obtaining necessary records, diagnostic studies, etc. for patient appointments
- Rescheduling patients when emergencies arise
- Calling patients with appointment reminders
- Liaison between provider and patient
- Receive incoming phone calls from patients specific to the provider
- Answer questions patient has or communicate with provider details about patient calls and coordinate answers for patients.
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational & administrative skills
- Exceptional ability to prioritize
- Multitasking capabilities
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Required: High School Graduate or equivalent
Required: 3 Years
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more