Search Open Positions
Neurosurgery Physician Assistant - Tucson, AZ
Works with the endovascular & cerebrovascular neurosurgical team in the clinical assessment and management of the inpatient and clinic neurosurgical patient by utilizing medical theory and advanced medical skills and within the scope of licensure by the State of Arizona. Order, interpret and document test and communicate results to the team. Prescribe medications and make recommendations for treatment. Assists the endovascular & cerebrovascular neurosurgical team to develop programs as needed.
- Works with the endovascular & cerebrovascular neurosurgical team and medical staff to high quality patient care, follow-up and education to improve the quality of life and survival rate of our patients.
- Participates as a team member in the inpatient and outpatient setting and serves as a resource to other colleagues on clinical practice, medical and health care issues
- First assisting in IR and in surgery on all neurosurgical procedures. Must have First Assist Certification prior to employment.
- Hospital rounds on a daily basis including writing orders, progress notes and dictating discharge summaries.
- Plans and provides comprehensive care of the neurosurgical patient in the outpatient and throughout all phases of hospitalization, in the emergency center, medical ward, intensive care unit and rehabilitation in collaboration with other providers and members of the health care team.
Performs assessment of the health status of the neurosurgical patient including:
Obtains a relevant health and medical history
Performs physical examinations based on age and history as well as interpretation of lab results
Identifies medical health risks and needs
Assesses educational needs
Formulates the appropriate differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination and clinical findings
Updates the attending neurosurgeon and other team members as needed
Orders appropriate diagnostic tests and accurately interprets the findings.
Identifies and prescribes appropriate pharmacological agents and non-pharmacologic therapies
Makes appropriate referrals to other health professionals
Other duties as required and within the scope of practice under the Arizona Regulatory Board of Physician Assistants.
- Performs accurate documentation of patient status in the medical record and communicates effectively with other team members
Establishes and implements appropriate plans of care based on scientific principles, clinical findings, theoretical knowledge, patient demographics and patient and community support systems and resources.
Effectively communicates with referring physician, primary care providers and members of the health care team.
Accurately documents patient status in the medical record and communicates effectively.
Assesses educational needs of patients, family members and caregivers
- Assesses educational needs of self, patients, family members and caregivers
Provides relevant patient, family and caregiver education.
Maintains current knowledge by attending educational programs
Maintains licenses and certifications in compliance with current state, federal and national law.
Responds efficiently and effectively to phone calls from patients and patient’s family members, physicians, and members of the health care team.
Required: Graduate of Accredited PA program
Required: PA licensure; BLS; DEA eligible
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Medical Assistant for Carondelet Cardio West Job ID: 2205024445 Date posted: 06/27/2022 Facility: Carondelet Medical Group
- Medical Assistant for S Green Valley Job ID: 2205024443 Date posted: 06/27/2022 Facility: Carondelet Medical Group
- Medical Assistant/Scribe for Carondelet Cardio East Job ID: 2105042924 Date posted: 06/24/2022 Facility: Carondelet Medical Group
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet