Search Open Positions
Procedural Scheduling Coordinator FT Days
Helping people feel better isn’t just about the treatment we give – the relationships we create and the compassion we share are just as important. Carondelet hospitals make a difference in the lives of our communities and the lives of those we work alongside every day. We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we are committed to providing our people with an enriching and rewarding environment.
From your first day, you’ll be part of a group of some of the most talented nursing professionals united in a common goal to care for those in our community. Ready to work with awe-inspiring teammates who are dedicated to making a difference? Join us in going above and beyond.
Procedural Scheduling Coordinator Full Time Days Position Summary
The Procedural Scheduling Coordinator (Level 2) is responsible for scheduling patients for a specific department(s). The position has significant communication requirements with practice offices. The job requires excellent communication skills to build collegial relationships with physicians, patients and staff. The position also requires interaction with physician offices to proactively drive business to the hospital.
1. Schedules clinical procedures to promote consistent high-quality clinical care, including scheduling the correct procedure, site and supplies.
2. Schedules and registers patients via phone interaction to organize, arrange and coordinate patient and facility needs by considering variables as diagnosis, personal resources, equipment needs, patient availability, patient need, duration of treatment, insurance eligibility, safety needs and physician orders.
3. Obtains and enters all necessary information from physician office requesting operating room or procedure room time.
4. Communicates patient needs and resource requirements to ensure appropriate resources are available prior to scheduling. Interprets scheduling implications or limitations.
5. Maintains high productivity and performs efficiently, regardless of whether the work volume is high or low. Appropriately prioritizes work activities. Responds to difficult situations with self-control and a positive attitude.
6. Allows adequate time for each procedure including individual physician requests, room turnover and other aspects of the facility schedule.
7. Identifies solutions that improve scheduling efficiency and practice.
8. Validates credentials of providers.
9. Works with Hospital Directors, Chief Nursing Officer and other hospital leaders to manage block time, as applicable.
10. Partners with facility leadership team to manage capacity utilization. Provides insights and opportunities for enhanced utilization based on day-to-day working and understanding of the procedural schedule.
11. Assists other employees and with other duties as required.
12. Communicates with hospital leadership team regarding scheduling issues.
13. Communicates special equipment, instrument, supply, anesthesia, and staffing requests to the hospital leadership team.
14. Communicates with physician offices to confirm cases, identify special needs, and determine any changes that should take place.
15. Communicates with physician offices to proactively manage dedicated time (such as block time), including anticipating scheduling changes such as additional open time (from block time releases, as applicable) or future availability. Promptly informs physician offices of hospital changes.
16. Manages any conflict and issues that occur between the physician offices and the Hospital.
17. Builds relationships with current and new physicians by effectively communicating scheduling information.
18. Collaborates with scheduling team, surgical clinical team and physician relations team to successfully promote scheduling opportunities.
19. Promotes positive coworker relationships through team work and cooperation.
20. Participates on Hospital projects, programs and activities as appropriate.
21. Is an active participant in all leadership discussions related to the schedule, and physician office issues.
22. Identifies and recommends changes that maximize customer service and quality within the hospital.
23. Demonstrates understanding of hospital's capacity utilization improvement goals and can identify low vs. high utilizers for focused improvement efforts and recommend solutions.
24. Supports delivery of scheduling strategies to help improve patient quality, satisfaction and growth. Willingness to visit physician offices to identify and solve issues that may preclude effectiveness.
25. Proactively reaches out to office schedulers to identify additional cases that could be scheduled, with a consistent focus on earning business through superior patient care and service.
26. Looks for ways to overcome obstacles to appropriately schedule cases. Partners with hospital leadership to design strategies and tactics to implement solutions.
27. Partners with office schedulers to provide solutions to issues that are impacting case volume.
28. Proactively assists physician offices by training new physician office schedulers, including visiting physician office, hospital tours and other tasks as required.
Complexity of Work:
Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
THE PROCEDURAL SCHEDULING COORDINATOR FT DAYS WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION, LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS, AND EXPERIENCE.
Required: High School Graduate diploma (or equivalent).
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Required: 2 years of scheduling experience (or related). Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to work quickly and under pressure. Team player, willingness to help others. Excellent telephone and communication etiquette, including listening skills. Ability to be proactive, foresee problems and identify solutions. Alertness and adaptability to change in a situation. Punctual and shows a responsible and dependable pattern of attendance. Understanding of clinical terminology.
Preferred: Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Social Worker II Rehabilitative Services FT Days Job ID: 2105036397 Date posted: 09/22/2021 Facility: Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital
- Office Coordinator OP Neuro Rehab FT Days Job ID: 2105035282 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: Carondelet St. Joseph's Hospital
- BioMed Engineering Coordinator FT Days Job ID: 2105035326 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Facility: Carondelet St. Mary's Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet