Search Open Positions
Patient Account Manager - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for managing patient account staff in processing accounts and working with designated payors to ensure proper reimbursement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of health insurance and government programs, where necessary.
- Facilitates the identification of issues and solutions by team members related to delays in achieving payment resolution.
- Monitors collection processes to determine cash flow improvement opportunities.
- Manages the aging of accounts receivable by trending and analyzing the A/R, and through communication with the payors.
- Works with A/R supervisors to identify department training needs for system education, industry updates and changes in collection processes and protocols.
- Works with A/R Supervisors and staff to ensure that employee productivity and quality meets standards.
- Manages desk assignments to meet employee productivity and collection efforts across all client facilities.
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
No. Direct Reports (incl, titles) - Patient Acct Reps, Sr Patient Acct Reps, Lead Patient Acct Reps, and Patient Acct Supervisors, Plan Specialists
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare A/R
- Excellent working knowledge of Patient Financial Services operations with specific focus on Inpatient and Outpatient Managed Care and Commercial payors (i.e., Medicare regulations and compliance; HIPAA)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Advanced writing skills
- Ability to provide advanced customer service
- Ability to plan and implement process improvements
- Ability to train and coach staff
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Proficient in building a strong team to meet performance goals
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills, including PC and MS Office Suite knowledge
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- 4 year college degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related area or equivalent experience. MBA/CPA preferred
- 5 – 10 years experience in Healthcare Administration or Business Office
- 2 – 3 years supervisory experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- HFMA-Patient Accounts or Hospital Accounting Certification encouraged
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Call Center environment with multiple workstations in close proximity
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Denials Specialist (Remote) Job ID: 2305007126 Date posted: 12/21/2022 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Patient Account Representative - Remote Job ID: 2305000053 Date posted: 10/11/2022 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
- Denials Specialist - Remote Job ID: 2305012793 Date posted: 02/03/2023 Facility: Conifer Revenue Cycle Solutions
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet