Search Open Positions
Staff Pharmacist Micro-Hospital Weslaco PRN Rotate
The Staff Pharmacist provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients including, but not limited to oversight, monitoring, preparation, dispensing and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information, patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems.
The Staff Pharmacist, additionally, ensures compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations.
May also advise physicians on medication utilization.
- Review and monitor patient’s medication therapy and orders written for safety and efficacy considering specific patient conditions and health status.
- The Staff Pharmacist advises patient care team of issues with, or possible enhancements to, patient’s medication therapy and document such interventions.
- Prepare, label and dispense medications for patients in accordance with physicians’ prescriptions.
- The Staff Pharmacist ensures compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and narcotics and the maintenance of required records.
- Ensure that appropriate medications are available for patients and properly procured, prepared, stored and maintained.
- The Staff Pharmacist supervises the process and technical personnel who assist in preparation, maintenance and dispensing of drugs and supplies.
- Maintain liaison relationships with medical and nursing staff.
- The Staff Pharmacist provides timely information pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage and compatibility, state and federal regulations regarding drug controls, and Joint Commission standards.
Required: Pharm. D. or BS in pharmacy
Preferred: Hospital experience
Required: Pharmacy License, BLS obtain within 10 working days.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet