Administrative Assistant, Medical
Job ID: 2403005011-0
Date posted: 02/11/2024
Facility: The Paley Institute
The position is a key member of the concierge team and serves as the lead customer service ambassador for designated Paley Institute physicians. The Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for office and surgical scheduling and calendar management as well as warmly greeting and welcoming all patients along with their families, friends, guests and colleagues – who visit the Paley Institute. The position will serve as a primary point of contact, assuming a “lead role, “completing a wide variety of assigned tasks including coordinating the surgical schedule, assisting front-desk concierge operations for assigned
physicians, working in close collaboration with the Institute’s Practice Manager and Physician Staff. The position will have accountability for ensuring that the calendar for the designated physician staff is consistently current, accurate and detailed. Oversees one or more scheduling projects of significant importance to the institution and/or the community, and delegates necessary administrative support to the assigned physician staff. Consistently demonstrates teamwork and serves as a role model for the other administrative staff. The Administrative Assistant must set the standard for providing the highest quality of service and positive impression during each patient interaction in the Paley Institute.
- Serves as the lead customer service ambassador for designated Paley Institute physician. Answers and directs incoming clinic telephone lines and coordinates appointment scheduling with other administrative/executive assistants
- Coordinates assigned physician’s surgical scheduling including obtaining necessary preoperative paperwork
- Coordinates assigned physician’s clinic scheduling, ensuring all dates away are clearly noted and clinic schedule is reasonable for provider
- Serve as a primary point of contact for designated physician, assuming a “lead role” completing a wide variety of assigned tasks either by manager or physician
- Ensure the Google calendar for the designated physician staff is consistently current, accurate and detailed.
- Oversees one or more scheduling projects of significant importance, including auxiliary clinic operations at auxiliary location(s)
- Warmly greets outside vendors and pharmaceutical representatives on behalf of assigned physician; coordinating meetings etc as needed
Education / Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Proficiency in a windows environment with a working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and the Internet is required
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a complex, matrix environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program.
Follow the link below for additional information.
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet?
We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s
lives, from patients to...
Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying
for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a
great experience, a...
Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits
package for full-time and part-time employees who work more
than 24 hours a week. In...
Learn more about our benefits