Associate, Patient Relations
Job ID: 2205029832
Date posted: 08/08/2022
Facility: Paley Institute Global, LLC
Provides coordination and administrative support for all aspects of patient care, including building relationships with patients, problem solving in partnership with leadership and ensuring all medical information is available to patients throughout their experience.
Description of Responsibilities
Coordinate all aspects of patient care including but not limited to:
- Scheduling clinic appointments, surgeries, imaging studies and other internal and external providers as needed
- Obtaining patient prescription orders and refills
- Assisting with durable medical equipment and prosthetics
- Responding to patient inquires in a timely manner (within 24 hours) and updating shared documents accordingly
- Working closely with the clinical and finance team to ensure patient receives all information necessary to proceed with treatment
Serve as the patient family liaison during appointments, surgeries and consultations, including services such as interpretation, coordinating transportation and providing information for local housing options
Accurately collects and enters all necessary patient information including but not limited to:
- Letters of medical necessity from medical providers
- Insurance verification
- Cost estimates from finance
- Media consents
Support strategic institute initiatives to improve patient care including but not limited to research, patient education, relationship building, etc.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with patients, patient families and various stakeholders (e.g. physicians, referral sources, staff, foundations, government entities, international Embassies, POSI clients)
- Demonstrated empathy, inclusiveness, and willingness to embrace all backgrounds, actively understand various cultural norms and adapt approaches
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and work effectively in unexpected situations
- Ability to absorb and understand important verbal and nonverbal information and to ask further questions when necessary
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program.
Follow the link below for additional information.
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Top of page
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet?
We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s
lives, from patients to...
Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying
for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a
great experience, a...
Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits
package for full-time and part-time employees who work more
than 24 hours a week. In...
Learn more about our benefits