Search Open Positions
Histology Tech II Full Time Days
Up to $10,000 Sign-On bonus based on experience
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs various tasks required for receiving, processing, and preparing patient tissue specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the Pathologist.
- Performs more complex techniques such as enzyme chemistry and immuno histo chemistry.
- May provide supervision and technical direction to Histology Technician.
- Prepares microscopic tissue slides for diagnostic/research purposes
- Performs tissue stains to assist in diagnosis
- Handles specimen accessioning
- Maintains laboratory and equipment
- Performs more complex techniques such as enzyme chemistry and immuno histo chemistry
- Reviews quality control, performs operational duties, maintenance and troubleshooting of histology instruments and equipment
- May provide supervision and technical direction to Histology Technician
THE HISTOLOGY TECH II FULL TIME DAYS CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING.
Education Required: Bachelor’s or Associate's degree
Experience Required: 2 years experience as Histotechnologist
Certifications Required: Histotechnologist certification through ASCP (or equivalent) and state licensure where required
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- CT Scan Tech Part Time Rotate Job ID: 2305011769 Date posted: 01/30/2023 Facility: St. Mary's Medical Center
- Pharmacist Staff Full Time Nights Job ID: 2305010375 Date posted: 01/20/2023 Facility: St. Mary's Medical Center
- Radiology Technologist Full Time Days Job ID: 2305008776 Date posted: 01/13/2023 Facility: St. Mary's Medical Center
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet