Occupational Therapist Per Diem The Paley Institute
The Occupational Therapist is responsible for the evaluation and treatment of disabilities, injuries and diseases as related to functional impairments. Uses a variety of therapeutic techniques to promote functional independence and improve quality of life. Delegates the plan of care to assistive personnel and monitors quality of care. Other duties may be assigned as needed by the supervisor.
- Evaluates and treats disabilities, injuries, and diseases as related to functional impairments
- Helps patient develop or regain physical or mental functioning or adjust to disabilities by implementing programs involving manual arts and crafts, practice in functional, prevocational, vocational, and homemaking skills, activities of daily living, and sensorimotor, educational, recreational, and social activities; directing aides, technicians, and assistants
- Uses a variety of therapeutic techniques to promote functional independence and improve the quality of life for the patient
- Delegates the plan of care to assistive personnel and monitors quality of care
- Evaluates results of occupational therapy by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress; recommending and implementing adjustments and modifications
- Develops occupational therapy staff by providing information; developing and conducting in-service training programs
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCEInclude minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required
- 2 years of occupational therapist experience preferred
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in the State of Florida
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider required
- EMR/EHR experience preferred, Next Gen or Athena experience preferred
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities