Per Diem Ortho Casting Tech West Palm Beach
General Summary: An orthopedic technician assists with the care and treatment of orthopedic patients
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet Physician Resources.
2. Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
3. Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
4. Assists in the care of patients by fitting and applying pre-operative braces, crutches and other soft goods
5. Prepare and apply casts and orthopedic appliances
6. Prepare patients for all testing procedures.
7. Assisting with orthopedic procedures, including but not limited to: wound care, aspirations, minor surgical procedures and fracture reductions.
8. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment for patients and visitors. This includes cleaning, sterilizing, and storing instruments in accordance with practice policies.
9. Properly complete patient routing slips and charge tickets with all appropriate CPT codes and corresponding ICD codes.
10. Complies with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, and other hazardous substances.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for professionalism, personal growth and development including projecting a positive attitude toward the operation, completing assignments in a timely and cost efficient manner, accepting and responding to positive criticism.
12. Observe radiation safety and OSHA guidelines.
13. Inventory, order and maintain all departmental supplies at defined inventory levels.
14. Assist with additional responsibilities as needed.
High School or equivalent
Orthopedic Technician Certification from the National Board for Certification on Orthopedic Technicians preferred.
Work requires a level knowledge of patient care methods, procedures and techniques. One year experience in orthopedic setting with one year of casting experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities