The primary focus of the Orthopedic Technician is to assist physician with the application of external fixation, internal fixation and other general orthopedic surgical procedures where limb lengthening and deformity correction is performed. The Orthopedic Technician will also assist the physician with post-operative care and follow up to include wound checks, dressing changes, splints and casting to treat injured hips, knees or limbs. In addition, assist with traction devices, demonstrate to patients proper use of crutches, adjust braces and help prepare patients for procedures. Assist with injections, ordering x-rays, sterilizing equipment, assisting in patient assessment, and documenting patient conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the physician with post-operative care and follow up to include wound checks, dressing changes, splints and casting to treat injured hips, knees or limbs
- Assist with traction devices, demonstrate to patients proper use of crutches, adjust braces and help prepare patients for procedures
- Assist with injections, ordering x-rays, sterilizing equipment, assisting in patient assessment, and documenting patient conditions
- Trained in the sub-specialty of skeletal fixation devices with a specific emphasis on (Smith and Nephew) Taylor Spatial Frame, Ilizarov and Modular Rail System (MRS), TriGen Nail System as well as (Orthofix) PRECICE, M-100, and Penning devices
- Charged with patient education in proper pin care, infection prevention measures, lengthening procedures, and turning / lengthening schedules
- Set up, application and monitoring of Constant Passive Motioning (CPM) device post-operatively
- Application of specialized post-operative corrective holding casts
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Requires 1-3 years of experiencein a Medical Setting, preferable in a Physician Practice
- Requires at least 2 years of experience as an Orthopedic Technician
- Certification of the National Board for Orthopedic Technologists or American Society of Orthopedic Professionals preferred
- EMR/EHR experience preferred, NextGen or Athena experience preferred
- Proficiency in a windows environment with a working knowledge of Word, Outlook, and the Internet is required?Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a complex, matrix environment
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Related Content (Headline is visually hidden)
Life at Tenet
What’s it like to work at Tenet? We’re connected by a passion for making a difference in people’s lives, from patients to...Learn more about life at Tenet
Learn about the process for applying for a job at Tenet Healthcare. We want our candidates to have a great experience, a...Learn more about our process
Tenet offers a competitive benefits package for full-time and part-time employees who work more than 24 hours a week. In...Learn more about our benefits
Interested in being part of our Community Built on Care? Search opportunities for many types of jobs across the country...Learn more about our opportunities