Search Open Positions
Coordinator, Provider Practice-Hybrid
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Accountable for a wide range of duties in support of client management activities, including but not limited to, research and resolve client operational and provider financial issues (provider disputes, claims and utilization management issues). Accountable for the client membership and enrollment activity, including but not limited to, contract negotiations. Accountable for the client administrative support, such as, answer phone calls, track issues, update calendar, draft board minutes, prepare board packets, and schedule meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Accountable to log and resolve customer service incidents, research provider claims and utilization management issues, investigate and resolve the underlying root cause of repeat provider claim disputes or referral issues, validate provider system set up and configuration, ensure accurate and correct provider fee schedules set up.
- Manage enrollment activitiy and identify variances in monthly membership reports. Responsilbe to track changes at the primary care provider level. Develop action plan to address membership changes and work with provider representative to increase membership for the client.
- Identify and resolve provider network adequacy and/or specialty need required for client provider network. Provide and track all in-house client issue and resolution support for the Provider Practice teams.
- Negotiate terms for letter of understanding (LOU) agreements, draft, send, and obtain signed LOUs
- Prepare board, UM, and QM minutes and packets, document and manage customer service incidents and action logs, close out action items, and draft minutes and agendas
- Provide general office support such as, copying, scanning, indexing, of provider contracts
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Candidates that exhibit most of the following preferred qualifications will be well suited for this position. However,
- 2-4 years of experience in a medical setting, health insurance or related area
- 2+ years in managed care experience preferred
- Working knowledge of risk bearing organization and the delegated UM, Credentialing, Network Management, Customer Service, Finance, and Case Management.
- Intermediate MS Office required (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Excel Pivot Tables and Access skills a plus. OR
- Entry level self-starter and career minded interested in healthcare field and
- Intermediate MS Office required (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). Excel Pivot Tables and Access skills a plus.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree or higher preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position, use a computer and answer telephone
- Light physical effort (lift to 10 lbs.).
- The home office for this position will be located in Encino, CA.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
- This position requires local travel (within 50-mile radius) at least 35% of the time.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet