Search Open Positions
HIM Specialist - Williston, ND - $1,500 Sign-on Bonus
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
This position is an entry level position responsible for clerical duties with in the Health Information Management department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prints Admission/Discharge/Transfer log daily and retrieves medical records from various locations and ensures records are accounted for by using the ADT log. All records must be accounted for
- Print all final reports for each record retrieved and pull medical record chart that corresponds to the medical record retrieved
- Pull all medical record requested by hospital departments for patient care purposes
- File all medical record charts in permanent file according to the facilities terminal filing system. All charts will be filed by the end of each shift
- Research all loose reports and locate corresponding medical record for proper filing
- Pull charts for physicians as they request their records for completion
- Pull medical records for all special studies as requested
- Answer all phone calls in a timely manner
- Assists customers as needed with courtesy and respect
- Ensure the privacy and security of patient information
- Other duties as assigned
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in keyboard operations, Microsoft Office applications and others as required
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Organization - establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; proactively prioritizes assignments and keen ability to multi-task
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
- Work Independently - is self-supporting; not needing to rely on others to complete a job
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Two (2) years’ experience in a hospital Health Information Management department
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Preferred: RHIT Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to efficiently use computer keyboard and mouse to perform coding assignments
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pleasant inside environment
- Light physical effort
- Intense mental concentration stress
- Subject to exposure to infectious conditions and minor hazards such as muscle sprains, cuts, and bruises
- May require travel – approximately 40%
- The ideal candidate will have previous Health Information Management experience
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
No related jobs. View All of Our Available Opportunities
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet