Director, Finance Practice Operations - Massachusetts Market
- Job ID 1805046655
- Date posted 01/04/2019
- Facility Corporate
This is a key strategic and tactical financial management position responsible for serving the market's administrative and physician leadership through the provision of advice, guidance, intellectual financial and business "know how". The position is part of the Executive Management team in Massachusetts and will provide support to the Sr. Director of Operations, Market Operations Managers, Physicians and Central Business Office of the Medical Group. The Director of Finance Operations position is responsible for the direct oversight and leadership of Finance, Capitated Managed Medicaid Incentive Programs, Due Diligence, Credentialing and Revenue Cycle Management functions associated with employed physicians and mid-level providers within the Massachusetts Market. The Director of Finance will provide leadership and guidance to a professional team supporting Accounts Payable, Cash/Treasury and Central Business Office. The position is responsible for interacting with market, region and home office finance and operations leadership in developing and maintaining sound financial systems and structures to ensure a profitable practice.
- Adheres to and supports the mission, purpose, philosophy, objectives, policies, and procedures of Tenet.
- Adheres to the Tenet HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Demonstrates support for the Tenet Corporate Compliance Program by being knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Provides technical support for matters associated with budgets, targets, revenue recognition, compliance with GAAP, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Provides advice/guidance for decision-making that is in line with the overall strategic goals of the organization.
- Supports the region on financial and operational management projections, reporting, budgetary controls, planning, and analysis as well as improvement initiatives.
- Exhibits exemplary customer service skills. Provides analysis and solutions of business problems.
- Continually educating the Market Operations Directors, Managers and Practice Managers on financial issues and budget control techniques; excellent communication skills.
- Facilitate and coordinate ideas for development of strategies for revenue and expense improvements required to fulfill the goals and objectives of each practice entity.
- Provide technical expertise to proactively drive and implement best practices across the finance and accounting functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to finance, accounting and revenue cycle management staff related to hiring and training of the staff, annual performance evaluations, and organizing and leading the region.
- Participate in Monthly Operations Reviews with TPR and Region senior leadership.
- Provide finance and operations support for practice acquisition and De novo practices.
- Assist with development and communication of annual manpower plan and budgets.
- Lead various meetings with physicians, practice operations, revenue cycle management and TPR leadership. Responsible for working with practice leadership to identify opportunities for improving EBITDA and cash flows.
- Participate in physician on-boarding activities related to Finance. Educate practice management on utilization of MSO chart of accounts, reviewing / understanding practice financials and various operational Finance activities (e.g.: daily cash and charge reconciliations and proper controls related to change funds).
- Provide oversight of market finance/accounting professionals to ensure timely and accurate completion of:
- monthly, quarterly and annual physician financial accounting (accrual-based) reports
- month end financial statements
- journal entry review
- financial statement variance analysis
- contractual and bad debt reserve analysis
- balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with Company policy with no reconciling items greater than 30 days
- cost allocations within the practice financials
- quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- monthly physician contractual reporting including salary adjustment and productivity calculations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required. Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive management level experience in Finance, Accounting or Audit field required. Preferred progressive practical finance experience in an academic or large group practice and/or Fortune 500 experience a plus. Sound experience and background in GAAP, internal accounting controls, research/grant accounting and patient care regulatory environment. The successful candidate will also have demonstrated leadership and supervisory abilities, including a commitment to diversity and inclusion and the ability to build effective teams.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both in writing and verbally, with physicians, management, vendors, consultants and other clients. Strong ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Strong analytical problem solving aptitude with creative solutions. Ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with attention to detail in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and other accounting software packages. Experience with Microsoft Access is preferred.
- CPA preferred.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.