Search Open Positions
Special State Police Officer 24hrs Evenings
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The position of Police Officer will support the overall mission of the St. Vincent Police Department to provide a safe and secure living and learning environment for all members of, and visitors to, our community. Members of the St. Vincent Police Department play a direct role in promoting an inclusive and welcoming environment that recognizes, respects, and values diversity in its many forms.
St. Vincent Police embraces a collaborative community police relationship and strives to maintain a working philosophy of Integrity, civility and dedication as the foundation of our values.
In addition to all patrol duties, the Police Officer is required to perform all of the duties and must be able to work any shift, during all weather conditions, including nights, weekends, and overtime as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The statements below are intended to describe the principal duties of the Police Officer and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties and responsibilities.
- Patrols Hospital properties by vehicle and foot to deter and investigate crimes in accordance with authority granted under Massachusetts General Law Chapter 22C Section 63.
- Ability to detain suspects and make lawful arrests when necessary.
- Responds to administrative and emergency calls for service within the Hospital patrol area.
- Provides first-responder medical assistance and directs advanced medical personnel as necessary.
- Renders assistance to those in need
- Authors' well-written and highly detailed incident reports.
- Performs traffic control and parking enforcement.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze emergency situations and quickly develop incident actions plans to mitigate such incidents.
- Maintains compliance with the Department policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Provide information to the general public and Community members while promoting positive police - community relations.
- Works closely with municipal police and fire agencies as well as local public and private businesses in the interest of fostering a cooperative and coordinated effort in matters of campus safety and security.
- Works closely with all St. Vincent Staff Members in an effort to enhance public safety, with specific emphasis on crime prevention and awareness.
- Has the ability to testify before the Commonwealth Judicial Systems.
- Participates in ongoing personal development program to include all trainings activities i.e. on-the-job and in-service training initiatives.
- Provides protective service to employees, patients, physicians and visitors including escorts
- Assists nursing and medical staff with difficult patients or visitors
- Assists medical staff with insuring patient safety.
- Responds to emergency alarms, code blues and other calls for emergency assistance.
- Enforces hospital policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Candidate Selection and Certification Overview
St. Vincent Police considers academy-trained officers.
- Trained officers must have attended the bridge or full-time academy authorized by the Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC).
All candidates must obtain certification as a law-enforcement officer by the Massachusetts Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Commission. In addition to POST certification, all candidates must obtain their warrant of appointment as a Special State Police Officer (SSPO).
St. Vincent Police will work collaboratively with candidates to facilitate any necessary POST certification, and SSPO appointment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Associate's Degree in a criminal justice or related field.
- Highly efficient oral & written communication skills.
- Applicants must be age twenty-one (21) at time of application.
- Must possess and maintain a Massachusetts Class A Large Capacity License to Carry Firearms
- All candidates must have a valid Massachusetts Class D operator's license at time of appointment.
- Must possess and maintain First Responder and CPR certifications
- Must provide three written letters of reference.
- Must possess the ability to work in all types of weather conditions, shift assignments, and holidays.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- Environmental Services Associate 40 hours Evenings Job ID: 2205031276 Date posted: 09/20/2022 Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
- Environmental Services Associate 40 hours Evenings Job ID: 2205031278 Date posted: 01/25/2023 Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
- Environmental Services Associate 40 hours Evenings Job ID: 2205031277 Date posted: 01/25/2023 Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet