Search Open Positions
Surgical Technologist L&D Per Diem Days
Saint Vincent Hospital offers a whole new experience in health care. By combining our advanced, state-of-the-art facility with our commitment to providing the best quality of life to the many members of our Worcester community. Saint Vincent Hospital excels at offering the best care in a friendly atmosphere. From our advanced heart and vascular services, to our comprehensive orthopedics and rehabilitation programs, our robust surgical facility including our Da Vinci robotic surgery and Cyberknife technology, to our comfortable and compassionate women & infants programs - you don't have to travel far for high-quality health care: We're right here, in the heart of Worcester.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the V. P. of Perioperative Service and OR Clinical Coordinator, and under the direction of the OR RN and according to established policies, procedures, and OR standards facilitates safe and effective surgical, invasive and diagnostic procedures. Ensures patient safety by providing the surgeon adequate supplies, functioning equipment, and instruments. The surgical technologist possesses an expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique, human anatomy, surgical procedures, implementation tools, and technologies to facilitate a surgeon’s performance of invasive, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. Practice is in compliance with all regulatory agencies including: The Joint Commission, Department of Public Health, CMS, CDC, and OSHA.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides competency based patient and family centered care to patients of all ages undergoing elective and emergency surgical, invasive and diagnostic procedures
• Minimizes delays for the surgeon, patient and family by ensuring supplies, instruments and equipment are available and participates in all other activities to ensure that all “Room” preparations have been completed.
• In conjunction with the Service Leader and Educator for Perioperative Service Serves as a resource to other scrub personnel, including but not limited to OR and Perinatal RNs, Surgical Technologists, and students
• Communicates physician’s requests for any changes in supplies, instruments, and equipment to the Specialty Service LeaderProfessional Practice
• Competent to scrubs all elective and emergency surgical procedures performed at MWMC
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of AORN Standards and Recommended Practices
• Actively participates in unit based staff meetings and educational programs. Responsible to seek out information when unable to attend meetings or programs
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge in clinical advances in the equipment and supplies used
• Participates in the development and revision of policies and procedures
Onboarding Process: Please be advised that candidates must successfully complete a background check and pre-employment health screening which includes a drug screen.
Required: Graduate of Surgical Technician Program as required by state regulation of practice or policy.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Equivalent to high school diploma
• Graduate for an accredited program of surgical technology required
• AST certification is required within a year of starting
• BLS certification required
• Ability to arrive to the hospital within 30 minutes from the time called when on-call
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or
employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Jobs for You
- RN PACU Per Diem Rotating Job ID: 2305000725 Date posted: 10/31/2022 Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
- RN PACU Per Diem Rotating Job ID: 2305000726 Date posted: 11/02/2022 Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
- RN Clinical Observation 36 hours Days Job ID: 2205029798 Date posted: 11/28/2022 Facility: Saint Vincent Hospital
Tenet - A Community
Built on Care.
Across the country, the Tenet family includes 110,000 employees working in more than 65 hospitals and over 475 outpatient centers. We’re all focused on delivering the right care in the right place at the right time.
At Tenet, the impact of our work spreads far and deep across the many dimensions of healthcare that we touch. Every day, our employees and physicians foster a compassionate environment for care and healing in the communities we serve. We take pride in what we do, we are passionate about our chosen path, and we take seriously the true privilege we have in serving others as a Community Built on Care.Learn About Opportunities Across Tenet